2. Take the first sentence of the first chapter and make a list in your journal.
3. Don't reveal the author or the title of the book.
4. Now everyone try and guess.
(i'm leaving out intros and doing the first sentence of the closest thing to chapter one that these books have.)
1) It was dusk-- winter dusk.
2) Imagine a ruin so strange it must never have happened.
Isn't that an address!" anne of windy poplar by l. m. montgomery, guessed by kaleidoscope & lilydandelion
4) I used to have a cat, an old fighting tom, who would jump through the open window by my bed in the middle of the night and land on my chest.
6) The house in the hollow was "a mile from anywhere"--so Maywood people said.
It's good to get in touch with you at last.</strike> griffin and sabine by nick bantock, guessed by citrine
10) The first thing I always tell my students about oracles and tarot decks is: Don't read the book.
11) After a great deal of time examining oceans, investigating rainstorms, and staring very hard at several drinking fountains, the scientists of the world developed a theory regarding how water is distributed around our planet, which they have named "the water cycle."
I'm lying on my bed tonight missing you, my eyes all swollen, hot tears running down my face. Stone Butch Blues by leslie feinberg, guessed by butchlybear
13) Once upon a time.
15) It's 9:01 in the morning.